The Cody residence was ready for a makeover. The entryway was unimaginative and one dimensional. Trees in a pine island blocked the view from a beautiful bay window. Etowah’s construction team added a large, roomy front porch and glass paneled French doors painted in an accent color as a welcoming entry for guests to the home. The addition of a stately front porch, new steps and freshly painted shutters and trim completed a whole new look. The one pine island was removed to open the view from the bay window.
Types of Work
- Added double French doors with class insets to take advantage of natural light and create a wide welcome to visitors
- Built 24 x 8 ft flat roofed porch to protect the entryway from weather and sun
- Removed an island with seven trees and sodded it to create a more expansive front lawn and improve sight lines
- Painted shutters and trim
- Added new landscaping around the front porch and refurbished and trimmed existing plantings
Enhancing the home’s exterior façade and landscaping at the same time combined to maximize the impact of the improvements and enhance curb appeal. Landscape and security lighting and other features can complete any makeover.