The Kauffman estate sits on a large beautiful lot that offered a vast array of opportunities to create exciting new outdoor living areas and enhance the appeal of the home and property. The front drive was opened up to all of Georgia’s natural sunlight by removing trees, cutting back undergrowth, adding new sodded areas and repaving the drive. The home’s entryway was accented with flat stone and new plantings.
The tiered backyard features a pool and cabana with walkways, paths and a creek bed spanned by pedestrian bride leading to a lush, new lawn area. The lower tier features a playhouse and is all beautifully tiered and landscaped using natural stones and boulders.
Types of Work
- Constructing pool cabana with kitchen and playhouse on lower level
- Adding pathways, walkways and pedestrian bridges to provide easy access to the entire estate
- Stonework steps down from the house to pool deck
- Installing stonework and natural rock settings
- Constructing retaining walls, installing fill dirt and grading
- Removing trees and undergrowth to open up the front drive to more sunlight and create broader greenspaces
- Planning and managing storm water runoff
For a property of this stature, the Kaufman Estate features the best in outdoor living design for its topography with a number of areas for many different uses. The design creates privacy and opportunities for meditation and reflection yet has entertainment facilities that are welcoming to friends and family.